Friday, August 20, 2010

It is God who is at work in you...both to will and to work for HIS good pleasure....Philippians 2:13

Hey Everybody...
Today was filled with yet another unexpected doctors appointment.  As I mentioned last night Parker had two appointments today.  One of course for his cardiology follow up on his heart monitor and the second for opthomology for his right eye.   The heart monitor is only to have on standby if he has another episode like he was having during physical therapy.  By the grace of God he hasn't had one since we gave them our baseline...but Dr. Wienecke would like to extend it one more month before turning it off.  Other than that Parker's heart sounded great today and we could not be happier about the good news.  Mrs Hellen, Parker's nurse, sang Happy Birthday to him before we left our appointment, and Mrs Jean looked at me and said "I am just so happy that he has a birthday to celebrate".  It was a really sweet little moment that I will never forget.   Unfortunately, my sweet moment was somewhat short lived because we got a "not so great" report from Dr. Cheeseman, Parker's opthomologist.  Our appointment today was to take a closer look at his right eye.  Since Parker was born his right eye has had a bounce to it and it turns in occasionally.  After further review today we have been given two options for treatment.  The first option, of course,  was not what I expected to hear today...Surgery!  The second option would be glasses for three months and then see if it would correct it without surgery...but if it didn't, then surgery would be the next step.  At least if we tried the glasses first we could  say that we did try the less invasive option first.  I asked Dr. Cheeseman if we could try the glasses first since he has had success with it in the past, without surgery, and he agreed to that.  But...after we sat down with the optician for Parker's frame fitting....I know in my heart that the glasses I was looking at on the floor... that were bent in half... would be a terrible waist of money,time and effort.  Parker certainly doesn't understand the act of keeping them on his face...he thinks after today that they looked far better on the floor.  So...Willis and I have decided, after researching the procedure on line, that surgery is the much better choice for Parker.   We would have to keep Parker in glasses, with bifocals, for 3 months as opposed to a 3 day turn around with surgery.  So....please add this to your prayer list and I will let you know when we get a surgery date.  Even though it was not exactly what I wanted to hear this morning, I am thankul to God himself  for options!  And how wonderful it is to know that with every corner we turn....God is standing right before us allowing us to witness His plan for Parker's life!  I have to admit when Dr. Cheesman walked out of the exam room today I had a question of "why" on my heart again.  Why here, Why now, Why another surgery....and the holy spirit quickly reminded me that, had we not been where we've come from, my testimony would not be near as strong for Christ as it is now.  I thought I had faith before.  The Holy Spirit quickly gave me a glimpse from my past today.   I saw the scared little girl and her mother that I prayed with at Richland while we were awaiting open heart surgery.  And today in that exam room...the Holy Spirit took me back....and had my son not been in that hospital at that very moment.....waiting to have his chest cut wide open.....I would have never been there to pray with her.  So...I know now why....sometimes I just need to be reminded!  God thank you for your constance love..... and friendly reminders! 
Love In Christ
The Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment