Sunday, August 8, 2010

Crazy Busy....

Hey Everybody...
I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.  And I do believe that it is catching up with me...my head I mean...hopefully!  Parker's first birthday is only seventeen days away and preparing for the amount of people that are on our list has been crazy fun.  I, of course, can not in my right mind go to the store and by a birthday sign that is already made.  I have to make it myself...because that's just who I am.  I have searched Columbia over for a baby blue diaper cover and there is obviously a dying market for those so I am trying to sew one myself....as you can tell in the picture below...I haven't made it past the pins.  Not to mention, trying to measure a crawling babies waistline and thighs is next to impossible.  I went last week to monogram Parker's onesie and it came out uneven, so I went back and had them correct it and it looks great!  Oh and I learned how to make fondant for Parker's cake.  I seriously felt like I was on an episode of  "Cake Boss" this weekend.  My really sweet friend Dawn makes really awesome fondant cakes, so I went to her house Saturday for four hours and made worms, peeking eyes, elephant trunks, trees and of course the big yellow hat for the top of our cupcake tower.  I really thought hard about making the topper and cupcakes myself until I called Publix and they are willing to rescue me from the war I have with my kitchen.  You all know that my kitchen skills are lacking one major detail....the art of cooking itself!  There you have it...God did not make me the queen of the kitchen...but God did find me a husband that was and that is all I need. I am so excited about our little man's birthday!  Karlyn has been such a huge help this weekend watching Parker for us. With all of the preparation that is involved with his birthday she sure has been a blessing!  I am going to have to slow down though because Saturday night I came down with something...not quite sure exactly what it was...but if I had to guess....I'm not resting enough.  We didn't even make it to church this morning our our home group class tonight.  Sometimes your body has a way of slowing you down even when you know there is a million things to do!   We have graduated from our DOC Band... so no more trips to Charlotte!  And...we have BIG news to announce about Mr. Parker.....he is CRAWLING all over the house now.  No more army crawling...and now he has learned to stand up and hold on to the sofa.  He is also reaching into his toy basket and throwing everything on the floor until he finds his little police car....of which is usually in the bottom of the basket...so guess where everything gets thrown...over his shoulder and in the middle of the living room!  It is so funny to watch!  Unfortunately...he hasn't learned to put his toys back in the basket yet....but he will soon. 
Love In Christ
The Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment