Sunday, January 31, 2010

Come Eat Pancakes with Parker

Hey Everybody...
 
       I posted the ad that I made up for this weekend's breakfast below this post!  Please make sure that you scroll down for all of the info!  Not to mention...the look on Parker's face is soooo cute!  This is the first annual CHD (Congenital Heart Defect) awareness breakfast, and all of the proceeds with go directly to MUSC Children's Hospital for research.  What a great cause!  I really hope that all of you will be able to come and eat with us.  If you would like to purchase tickets from me I have them.  If you are not able to get to me before the breakfast then please just show up!  The more the better!  Bring everyone you know! -----

     Parker had another follow up with his cardiologist on Friday and it went great!  They did a follow-up ultrasound of Parker's heart and everything looks great!  The cardiologist did see the residual hole that we already knew about, but like they said "it's like a spit in the ocean", so no worries!  Parker weighs 13.5 lbs and is 25 3/4 inches long!  He has gained 2 lbs in one month.   The most ever on his record!  His doctor was way excited about his weight gain.   We are officially off of Lasiks!  Thank you Jesus!!!  Parker is spitting now and you know where I am going with this....oh yes....he loves to spit those nasty meds out!  We also were told that he would need to only see us once every 3 months now.  Yes... this is a little scary when we've been checking in every other week.  But if we see anything weird we have been told to make an appointment immediately!  So only 4 appointments per year for now.  And I am okay with that!  This means that we have more white on our calendars....and this excites me! 

     Parker's pediatrician examined him on Friday as well and was just as pleased with his weight gain as the cardiologist.  Parker had another shot and oh boy was that some fun!  Yeah!   We are waiting to find out if we need to have an appointment with a neurologist for his "still moments", so I will keep you all updated about that!

     Please know that we are so appreciative for all of your uplifting words of encouragement!  You have carried us through our journey and continue to write in with concern for our little man.   This means the world to us!  The family and friendships that we have with all of you is just too much to put into words when it comes to Parker!  He is such a blessing to all of us and has forever changed us all.  With each passing day there is not a moment that goes by I don't thank my Lord Jesus Christ for the little hands and feet that I see before me.  The smile on his face at 3 in the morning, the drool that runs down his cheek and all of the diapers that come with being a baby.  Don't think for one second my day is taken for granted....because I know in my heart that things could have been very different!  God gave us a second chance and I won't waste one moment to kiss his face, hold his sweet little hand and read bedtime stories.  To hear my baby cry in the next room is the most beautiful song ever written.  We love you all and thanks for your loving support.
Love in Christ...
The Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment