Monday, March 14, 2011

Please Pray Specifically....

Hey Everybody...
It's four o'clock in the morning and I of course can't sleep.  While I was asking God yesterday in my prayer time to show me where and what it is we are supposed to do with Parkers' situation, the Holy Spirit led me to the story about "Jesus heas the boy"that I shared with you in my last post!  I have to tell you all that the Holy Spirit works in such an amazing way.  I am looking for answers so strongly right now.  Both Willis and I have this unsettling spirit about this whole thing...but we can't put our finger on it.  So I "GOOGLE" of course lots of things and when I was in search of some peace and answers yesterday without my Bible in hand I googled scripture about fever.  I never even knew that there was a story in the bible about a miracle performed by Jesus on a little boy...let alone with a "High Fever".   So let me explain to you all what I think about this nobleman that traveled to speak his love about his son to Jesus and how I truly feel that my questions have been answered through this story.  The nobleman had a little boy, and so do we!  His little boy had a High Fever and so do we!  If you research the story it tells us that he traveled by horseback to get there as fast as he could.  Well...it is 4:09 in the morning and the Holy Spirit woke me to Google "how far the nobleman traveled to get to Jesus and how long it took him and what type of transportation if any did he have?" So I did just that and found a map to figure the distance between Capernaum where the nobleman lived to Cana where Jesus was performing miracles and found that it was about twenty miles or so.  They didn't have vehicles then so I googled how the nobleman traveled.  I then found that he had one of his servants saddle up one of his fastest "horses".  So this led me to figure out "How fast  it would take to travel 20 miles on horseback..."  it may seem farfetched to you I know but just listen....To travel horseback 20 miles it would take about an hour.  You may be asking yourself where in the world is Amy going with this and I would say to you that I feel like the Holy Spirit led me to this story for a reason.  I don't think we are going to find our answer for what Parker is dealing with here at Richland.  We don't feel like we have some emergent, about to die situation with Parker, but something just isn't right.  He has had fever now for ten days and no one can find the answers.  Something keeps telling me that our answer is at MUSC....which going back to the story isn't twenty miles away but if you take into consideration the time it took him to travel by horseback it equals the time it would take us to get to MUSC.  Today we have the Infectious Disease Doctor coming to see us and I hear that she is great!  So we are definately going to hear her out...but so much of my spirit says that MUSC is where we need to travel!  Please pray hard for us today that our decisions will bring peace to our spirits.  Parker is just starting to make us a little bit nervous being that it has been ten days and all with a fever and that he really isn't eating at all.   The nurse just came in and his temp is creeping back up again and he is shaking all over.  Poor Baby....but help is on the way.  Please pray that the Holy Spirit will speak louder than ever to us today as parents on what our next move will be. I love you all and thanks for hearing me out!
Love In Christ
Amy

3 comments:

  1. Amy, I'm amazed by your faith, and so glad that the Holy Spirit let you to the story of Jesus healing the little boy!! How perfect. We've been praying hard for wisdom and guidance as you all try to figure out what's going on with Parker's fever. If you feel like MUSC is the place Parker needs to be right now, push for it! You know what God is telling you in your heart, and your mama heart knows best for your little man. (And you know, we think that's the best place ever! :)

    Lots of prayers for answers and healing! {SOON!!}

    Hugs,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    As I read your post my heart went out to you guys as I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through right now. The words of Proverbs 2:3-6 came to me. It says And if you call out for insight, and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the Knowledge of God. This can be applied in many different aspects of our lives as we search for answers.I feel as you are earnestly seeking wisdom from God as to what is going on with Parker and what you should do that God will give you guidance and understanding. We are sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I just got directed to your blog from Derrick Carter's. I am praying for Parker and your family. I pray that the fever breaks, or you are directed to someone/place that can give you answers. I'll be wearing my special "heart" bracelet to keep Parker in my thoughts throughout the day.
    Love,
    Mary in Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete