Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."- 1 Peter 6-7

Hey Everybody...
Just wanted to let you all know that we are back home from this morning.  Parker had another seizure early this morning.   I was doing all of my normal routine mommy duties this morning, and when I went in to wake him up he was face down in his crib laying in throw up!  When I picked him up he was shaking all over and was extremely HOT!  Once I got him undressed, I had Karlyn bring me the themometer and his temp was 103.6 and climbing!!!!  Willis had just called the house this morning to check in with us and I let him know what was going on and that his temp was high...but that I was going to give him some medicine to get the fever down and I would call him back a little later.  Well a little later didn't happen because in a matter of minutes Parker went right into a seizure.  His little eyes went to the side again, and then his eyes eventually just closed and I couldn't get him to respond to me.  Karlyn was my big helper this morning.  She brought me the seizure medication and knew exactly where it was, she called the grandparents for me, called her daddy and let everyone know what was going on while I was on the phone with EMS.  Thank God for the seizure suppository that they gave us because Parker was only under about 40 minutes this time as opposed to 1.5 hours last time.  So it does help!  They ran all kinds of test once we got to the hospital and all of them came back negative, so we will be back at the neurologist in the morning for our follow-up which may involve another MRI or EEG.  Be praying for our family this week though, not just for Parker, but Willis' uncle Howard.  We have been told that they will more than likely be taking him off of life support tonight.  This is never easy.  But in the midst of it all we have to know that God in in full control of our chaos.  We are never promised tomorrow.  That is why it is so important to love each other as if it were our last goodbye, our last hug, or the last time we see the smile on their face.  Every second spent with Paker is a moment not ever taken for granted.  We know that he is high risk until he is three but we're ok with that.  God has blessed us with his life more than you all will ever know.  Please continue praying for our family and we love you all so much!
Love In Christ,
The Crafts

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Talk about scary! I will be praying for Parker and your family. Hopefully you can figure out why he has those seizures and at least how to slow them down some more. Poor little guy! But he is so strong all in the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy ~

    We are praying for you all!

    The Barnetts

    "You hold my every moment, You calm my raging seas, You walk with me through fire and HEAL my disease..." Kari Jobe

    ReplyDelete