Saturday, May 15, 2010

What a compliment from God to be a Mom!!!

Being a mother to our children is such an overwhelming blessing from God for me!   I have to say that when I had my first child, Karlyn, God placed her in my womb to rescue me from myself. There's just no other way to describe it.  And what a beautiful way to change my life.   I was so far from Him at the time, yet He chose to save me through a child!  She is my saving Grace.  Once my life started with her, my mother then became such a huge role in not only my life, but Karlyns' as well. My mother stood beside me and my broken roads for many years, yet accepted all of my misdirections for love.   I never really understood the depth of love a mother carries for a child until then.  And for that, I am truly forever grateful to her.  I was so broken inside at the time and my "big plan" seemed to fall by the wasteside rather quickly.  Several years passed and I prayed to God that he would bless me with a wonderful husband that would love my child as his own....and that He gave to me.  I am now happily married to an amazing man that knows all of my needs and is not ashamed to have me as not only the mother of his children but his wife.  We both agreed not too long after being married to plan for our second child.  All of the prepartions were in order.  We were so excited! And as you all know my pregnacy was very stressful.  I had been given every scenerio in the book.  Even being told that there was a possibility that our child would be born dead!  There were "medical anomilies" all over the place. Nothing more than just a hurry up and wait situation with entirely too much information.  I was so scared but, again God rescued me from my fears and held my hand every step of the way.  After facing 1 week in the NICU, 52 appoinments in 3 months, 2 weeks of failure to thrive, feeding tubes, open heart surgery and now a DOC Band system for his sweet little head, we have so much to look forward to in our son Parker.  I can not even describe the strength that God has instilled in me from the moment he took his first breath 8 months ago.  As a mother all you want is for your children to be healthy.  You always want that so called "perfect" situation.  But God gave me more.  Again my plans were not good enough for Him.  And that's okay!  I enjoy everyday that I can walk down the hallway of my home and see my children sleeping in their beds.  Never do I ever take one day for granted because I know how precious life is.  I have grown through my children and they teach me something new everyday.  I pray that God will continue to trust me with His children and let me enjoy every minute of their smiling faces.  As hard as things have been on us I would not change one minute of our lives for anything in this world.  I adore being a mother and I am so thankful that God's plans are far more important than my own.   I feel so fortunate to have such a wonderful mother.  She continues to be a beautiful role model to me and my children, and I thank God himself for the women in our family, for without their guidance I wouldn't be the mother that I am today!      

No comments:

Post a Comment