Monday, June 21, 2010

Off to the GREAT OUTDOORS!!!

Hey Everybody...
    Unfortunately we are still waiting on our MRI date for Parker.  I have been told that we should be scheduled anytime in the next two weeks.  So...as usual...we continue to wait!  In the meantime...our mountain house has come available and we will be off to the great outdoors!  Willis' Aunt Linda and Uncle Bryant have had this cottage in the family for sometime now on Lake Junaluska,North Carolina.  It actually sits across from the 9th hole on the golf course....while being surrounded by amazing mountain scapes!  It is usually rented for the entire summer so we are very greatful to have the opportunity to be there this week.  We have been told that there is a  recreation center in Waynesville that has an indoor water facility for the kids to enjoy with slides and fountains.  We love walking Downtown Waynesville and going through all of the shops and the weather right now is in the 80's so we are leaving this humidity and heat to you all for a week. We are extremely in need of some R & R.  Our lives, as you all know, seem to make us a slave to appointments at times....so I took great pleasure in rescheduling them for our much needed vacation.  One week in the mountains will do any soul good! I took Parker to Charlotte on Friday and they did some more adjustments to his helment and they let me know that we may only have about seven more weeks left in his therapy.  I hope that he has it off before his 1st birthday.  If not, then we will take it off for his speacial day!  Parker's head shape has made a marked improvement.  Especially in the area around his right eye.  You can really see a BIG difference...so I am glad that we made the decision to make the drive to Charlotte every other week.  Our next cardiology appointment will be Tuesday when we return.  I really don't feel like anything is wrong with Parker's heart itself...but hopefully we will learn more about that next week.   Parker is officially sitting up on his own now!  We are so happy for him.  He is also trying to crawl!  I know that it won't be long before he is into everything.....and I can't wait.  Please continue to pray for our family and that the fluid on Parker's brain will absorb into his body naturally.  I pray everyday for my children and I thank God every morning I wake up and hear his sweet little voice in the next room because I know in my heart things could have been so different!  Thank you for your continued support, love and prayers....it truly means so much  to us....
Love In Christ,
The Crafts 
 

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you all ALWAYS! Enjoy your week in the mountains appointment free, you all definitely deserve it. :)

    Give me a call when you all get back and you have a minute. Have lots of fun and we hope to see you all soon!

    Big heart hugs and prayers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete