Friday, February 12, 2010

Pancake Breakfast Update!

Hey Everybody...
    First of all let me say that I am so sorry I haven't updated our blog until now!  Things have been a bit crazy around our house!  We all have the same winter cold that we can't seem to get rid of, so updating has been low on the list of priorities!  But I have some really great pics to post that you all should enjoy!  Parker had a pediatrician appointment this week to have another shot BUT...due to his cold we had to wait....of which I am completely fine with because as you all know I dread shot day!  Anyway...we are still waiting to have an appointment with the neurologist.  Hopefully we will hear something soon about that. 

So we finally have SNOW!!!  I'm so excited!  I love snow...until I have to drive/ride in it!  We all went out tonight and feared the winter storm for Parker's grandmother's birthday and boy were we glad we left when we did.  The roads were pretty bad tonight!  But with the Lord's favor we got home safe...and that is all that matters.  Everything looks so clean when it snows and there is something about falling snow that is so peaceful and makes you feel so calm.  Anyway...I hope everyone is staying warm and bundled under the covers.  Whatever you do...don't go out in this mess unless you are making a snowman!

The Pancake Breakfast was a HUGE success.  I must say...when I got to Fatz at 6:45 am and had no waitressing skills whatsoever...I got a little nervous.  TOO many numbers, TOO early in the morning!  There's just not enough coffee to stimulate my brain that early in the morning!  Let me just explain something to you...when the manager asked if anyone wanted to be a door greeter to help seat people and collect money, I promise you I heard angels from Heaven singing AAHHHH, and my hand could not have raised quick enough!  I would have worn one of those blue vests like the door greeter at Wal-Mart has, before I could take in all of what that sweet manager was trying his best to tell me!  Too funny.  The manager actually busted me for it too.  He said that I was SCARED!  And that's okay...I don't do mornings very well, (unless I'm seeking out the next best garage sale) and when it comes to people and their food...trust me when I say they didn't want me for that job!  We managed to feed over 300 people and made over $2400.00 in donations in only 2 1/2 hours!  How great is that!  So...if you attended the breakfast or donated anything towards the cause THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU!!!  The pancakes were great and I have a new found respect for what those people do.  God bless them all!  I have been blessed with many talents but taking food orders, at any time of the day, is not one of them! 

I hope you all have fun in the snow and I will be posting pics of Parker throughout the day! 
Love In Christ
The Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment